Tuesday 9 April 2013

Like the Blues? This playlist will get you singin' them...


 MUSIC 




"The Blues ain't nothing but a good man feelin' bad" Leon Redbone

I have to admit, I only really discovered Blues over the past year or so, but it's got me. I feel like I could have written every song myself and the voice could be my own. There's something beautiful about feeling down and hearing a wise man talk to you through music telling you that he knows how you're feeling, he's been there. 




This is not your typical Blues playlist though: It's a selection of 26 Blues and Blues inspired tracks with a couple of classics, a handful of future classics and a few that may be in the wrong category - but you can make your own mind up...





'Singin' the Blues' by Deej


  1. Gary Clark Jr. - When My Train Pulls In
  2. Radio Moscow - Deep Blue Sea
  3. Scarecrow - My Lowd
  4. RJD2 - Smoke & Mirrors
  5. The Black Keys - Work Me
  6. Wolfmother - Mind's Eye
  7. The Dead Weather - I Can't Hear You
  8. Radio Moscow - Lucky Dutch
  9. R.L. Burnside - Got Messed Up
  10. Muddy Waters - Champagne & Reefer
  11. Aloe Blacc - I Need A Dollar
  12. Jack White - Freedom At 21
  13. Charles Bradley - How Long
  14. Ben Howard - Oats In The Water
  15. The Black Keys - I Cry Alone
  16. The Black Keys - I Got Mine
  17. Blakroc - What You Do To Me
  18. RJD2 - Ghostwriter
  19. Chinese Man - I've Got That Tune
  20. Gary Clark Jr. - Numb
  21. Black Strobe - I'm A Man
  22. Johnny Cash - Rusty Cage
  23. Muddy Waters - Tell Me Baby
  24. Wolfmother - Love Train
  25. Wolfmother - Sundial
  26. Gary Clark Jr. - Bright Lights

No comments :

Post a Comment

Archives

Follow

Follow on Bloglovin